Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Eton Mess...My version of a smashed pav!!


I am deliciously in love with Eton mess, I just love this dessert it's so quick and easy to make and it looks fab when you serve it up in mini cocktail glasses or a big glass bowl.

So I thought I would share my version of the Eton Mess...you can add anything you like it's so versatile. A quick and easy recipe, great for got summer days or BBQ's and those cold winter days in front of a warm fireplace!

My Mess

INGREDIENTS

200g strawberries, sliced
2T caster sugar
1T brandy
1/2 meringue
5T caramel sauce
1 tin passion fruit
2C thickened cream
2 drops vanilla essence

METHOD

1. Whisk thickened cream to form peaks.
2. Combine strawberries, sugar, caramel sauce, passion fruit, vanilla essence, brandy in a bowl. Stir through.
3. Roughly smash pavlova and add to mixture, loosely mix together. Note this doesn't have to be well combined.
4. In small bowls spoon in a little cream, layer with meringue mixture, top with cream.
5. Serve the mess...YUM

1 comment: