Sunday, February 15, 2009

Winter Warmers...Already??


I can't believe this weather....a weekend ago I was on my husbands family farm up the coast for my SIL wedding in 44 degree heat and this weekend I spend nannying for 3 young children with the heater on! Who would have thought that the slow cooker would have found itself out of the back of my kitchen cupboard at the beginning of Feb!


So I have dusted off my slow cooker recipes and started cooking winer warmer meals. Before I go into what I cook in it, I just waned to give my slow cooker a plug! I love this kitchen hand, it's so easy to use, cheap to run and when I come home from work and the meal is cooked...it's just bliss.


So here is my yummy recipe for Chicken Delight


INGREDIENTS


550 g Skinless chicken thigh fillets

5 Medium potatoes cut into thick slices

4 medium carrots macedione (cubed)

2 large onions brunoise (diced) or you can slice them thinley

2 cups hot water

4 T chicken stock powder

2 cloves garlic thinley sliced

1 T salt

1 T pepper

¼ t thyme

2 T finely chopped parsley

2 T gravy powder


METHOD


1. Place a layer of potato, carrots, and onion with garlic in slow cooker.

2. Place chicken thighs on top of vegetables.

3. In a bowl combine remaining ingredients. Give it a quick mix.

4. Pour liquid mixture over chicken. (If more liquid is needed depending on the size of your slow cooker add more chicken stock, salt, pepper and water.)

5. Cover with lid and cook on low for 8-9 hours.


Serve with rice if you want to extend the meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment