Thursday, February 12, 2009

I am addicted...ALREADY

I love to start off each year with my new classes giving them some food facts, it's a great tool to ease them into listening to me for a year :) I also allocate a student to research their own 'Food Fact' and present it to the class, we do this during our first lesson of the week. I love the expressions on their faces, their scrunched up noses, the blinking of the eyes, the groans and ahhhh's...their responses are magical....so here are some of the food facts they have given the class so far...you never know you might learn a new thing!!

5 FAST FOOD FACTS

  1. Australia produces 190 million dozen eggs a year.
  2. Apples are made up of 25% air, that is why they float.
  3. You're More Likely To Be Hungry If You're Cold.
  4. Peanuts are used in the manufacture of dynamite.
  5. Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment